Pegboards are inexpensive, easy to install, and easy to love. The sheer versatility of a single pegboard can help to save a lot of space in the home, not to mention their ability to keep you from losing your house keys. There are plenty of options on how to get the most from your pegboards. Here are a few you might like.
- Sick of childrens’ toys or outerwear being thrown on the floor? You can use a pegboard in their room to give them an easy, fun place to hang their things. Pegboards are very secure, so they should be able to support the weight of just about anything you or your children want to hang on them. Also a good place to hang shoes, boots, and umbrellas.
Pegboards aren’t just good for kids to save room; they also make great places to hang keys, belts, and other accessories and things you don’t want to lose. Hang pots, pans, and utensils on pegboards in the kitchen so that they don’t take up counter space.
- Place a pegboard on the back of a door to give you even more room on otherwise unused space in a bedroom or home office. You can mount important items on the board, including calenders and supplies, which saves space on your desk.
- Pegboards are also great for saving space in your outdoor areas where you have the room, including pegboards that can be used to store grilling or gardening items until you need to use them. When you keep everything
- A pegboard can be a “moddable” space that lets you take or add different items that you want to decorate your home with. From picture frames, to knitted items, to just about anything that you can imagine, a pegboard makes it not only simple to add new decorations to a bedroom or living room, but to do so without needing new nails, glue, or other hanging requirements.
- Pegboards can make a nice addition, or even replacement, for a headboard on a bed. So long as the color is chosen to match, you can add a pegboard to almost any sized bed, and even use it to hang keys and other accessories at the end of the night.
- Use a pegboard to get the most out of an otherwise underwhelming wall in the house. Pegboards by themselves can already add a contrasting color to a wall, but with the addition of other items that you can hang, match, and mix, you get some very nice visual options, usually all at some very reasonable costs.
- Pegboards in the kitchen can be used to save space, as mentioned, but they can also be used to keep very nice, kitchen themed decorations around without having them take up space or require their own nails. Some pegboards can even support small hanging plants, which make them a nice “fresh” decoration for the home.
When you’re picking a pegboard for a room in your home, be sure to bring a tape measure. Unlike paintings and other wall decorations, there’s no quick rule of thumb about the size of a pegboard– they’re really meant to be as big, or as small, as you need them to be.
When redecorating a room, they’re also easy to paint, as opposed to buying a new one. In fact, they can make the process of painting or redecorating a home even easier, since they’re useful for hanging and storing items while you’re doing the job.