Menopause can be challenging for most women. Women undergo several changes in addition to losing their ability to bear children. One of these changes is an increase in body weight. Experts associate weight gain during menopause to hormonal changes and aging. Other factors that lead to weight gain in menopausal women include the inability to get adequate sleep, loss of muscle tone, and increased insulin resistance. To make matters worse, losing this unwanted weight during menopause is often difficult, but it is possible. Here are a few ways to get rid of undesired weight.
- Eat Healthily: The most important way to lose weight during menopause is to eat healthily.Create a diet that will include healthy meals and snacks. Your diet should include lean protein meals, a variety of green veggies, fruits, whole grains, and legumes.
- Significantly cut down on your carbs, as they lead to weight gain. Also, watch the number of calories you take in. The amount you consume should be less than what you use up.
- The best diets for women undergoing menopause are Mediterranean and vegetarian diets.
- Regular Exercise: Studies have shown that exercises significantly reduce body weight and improve your overall health after menopause. Engaging in cardio and resistance training are great ways for menopausal women to lose weight. Cardio is effective in losing belly fat, while resistance training with bands or weights aids in building and preserving lean muscles. Regular exercise also reverses the effects of loss of muscle tone by helping you build healthy muscles. Menopausal women are advised to have at least 150 minutes of exercise in a week.
- Get Quality Sleep: This can be a little difficult for women experiencing menopause because of their age and hormonal imbalances. However, women can achieve this by placing sleep at the top of their priority list. Quality sleep is essential to achieving and maintaining weight loss. Research has shown that insufficient sleep in menopausal women is a leading cause of weight gain.
- Unorthodox Methods: Alternative medicine and therapies can also help women at menopause lose weight in the long run. Acupuncture, for instance, can increase a woman’s estrogen levels and help her sleep better. Psychotherapy meditation, hypnosis, and yoga are also useful in this regard.
- Reduce Stress: Stress can be harmful if not managed properly. Research has shown that stress can lead to excessive belly fat by increasing cortisol levels in a woman’s body. To relieve stress, you can listen to music, play games, join a yoga class, and take supplements.
- Additionally Tips: Most aging women find it hard to exercise because of the frailty of their bodies. Such women are advised to become active by taking walks, using the stairs instead of elevators, doing yard work, and so on. You can also lose weight by taking weight loss supplements like Femito (フェミート). This supplement contains natural ingredients to help you shed that menopausal weight.
Staying true to the tips mentioned above will not only help women at menopause lose weight but also maintain their efforts. No one wants to lose weight only to gain them back, especially menopausal women. To maintain overall health, menopausal women are advised to use Femito (フェミート).